How Often Do Floors Need to be Cleaned?
- March 01, 2018
- Floor Mats
- Golden West
How often do floors need to be cleaned, really?
Your floors are one of the most battered and beaten-up parts of your business space. Day in and day out, your floors get the weight of foot traffic and all the debris that comes with it, not to mention everything else that falls on, scrapes, touches, and sticks to the floor.
All this wear ruins the quality of your floors, which, of course, translates to throwing cash on floor repairs and replacements down the drain. Aside from that, dirty floors rank among the chief complaints customers have about businesses.
Of course, regular and proper cleaning have always been the best safeguards against a dirty floor and wear and tear. But to completely achieve a more effective, long-lasting, and impressive clean, how often should you clean your floors? We have some tips:
How Often You Should Clean Your Floors
What a lot of people don’t get about effective floor cleaning is that it takes more than a single deep-cleaning session. Proper floor cleaning is, in fact, a regular and constant practice that one has to commit to.
The frequency of cleaning depends on different factors including (a) foot traffic, (b) season, and (c) type of flooring. It also matters what type of debris regularly ends up on the floor (e.g. kitchen grease, auto grease, sand, etc). But here we’ve listed the general cleaning rules on how frequently floors should be cleaned:
- Clean moisture and stains as soon as they occur.
- Sweep every day.
- Vacuum as often as possible.
- Mop at least once a week.
- Deep clean every two weeks.
- Shampoo carpets every month.
Long-Lasting Clean and Protection
But more than regular cleaning, the best way to keep floors in optimum condition and extend their lifespan is to keep them protected with the right kind of matting and maintain them with high-quality mops.
Quality mats, when used right, can:
- Protect your floors from moisture and stains
- Protect against the buildup of grease and dust
- Keep dirt and debris from outdoors from getting in contact with your flooring
- Protect against scrapes and scratches from heavy foot traffic
- Protect against slip, trip and fall accidents
- Provide leg and lower back comfort for employees that need to stand for a long time
- Increase the aesthetic value of a business space
Discover more about the benefits of investing in high-quality floor mats and save your company from the cost of floor repairs and replacements!
We also provide a regular mop service to keep your mops and your floors in the best condition possible. Contact Golden West Betterway Uniforms today at 800-953-9292 to find the perfect matting and mops for your needs.