How to Navigate the 2020 Holiday Season
- December 11, 2020
- Golden West
Knowing how to navigate the 2020 holiday season is the most pressing issue for most businesses right now. The holidays look entirely different this year – especially for those in the hospitality and foodservice industry. Here are some tips for navigating the 2020 holiday season:
Appeal to Local Markets to Navigate the 2020 Holiday Season
Travel restrictions have not only affected incoming travelers. They have affected most, if not all, outbound travel as well. Many of these outbound travelers, whose holiday plans fell through, are the exact same people who have been cooped up at home over the last few months quarantining.
You can tap into this market by offering them holiday staycation plans. Market your facility as their best holiday option and alternative to having to stay yet one more day at home. Give your guests the gift of a holiday escape to bring some cheer to their interrupted lives.
Look into activities that are enjoyable even in small, socially distanced groups. Partner with other local businesses. Create a concept that would give your local guests fresh perspectives of their own land. Tap into the concept of rediscovery, cherishing your nuclear circles, and even meditative activities that require minimal mingling and don’t forget to be safe, stay well – wear a mask.
Make It Worth Their While
Our idea of fun and celebrations have drastically changed in the course of eight months. Customer service, under these trying circumstances, proves to be more essential than ever. And little things go a long, long way. Hotels, for instance, can partner with local laboratories to help arrange for pre-flight testing on their departure dates. You can also offer small group guided tours and private dining options.
Ensure the Safety of Your Guests
Since the declaration of the pandemic, there has only been one thing on everyone’s minds: safety. Your guests should know and see all the steps you are taking to ensure their safety on your premises.
Aside from making sure that your facility abides by the state-mandated safety regulations, there are a couple of other things you can do to give your customers some peace of mind:
● Make handwashing and hand sanitizing more easily accessible. Make sure your soap dispensers are always full. Keep hand sanitizing stations on your entryways and crucial areas.
● Wear masks and face shields. You can also make them available for your guests, should they fail to bring any.
● Reduce high-touch surfaces and objects. Get rid of the salad bars and buffet stations. Offer digital menus.
● Offer safe measures for check-ins and bookings. You can go for digital check-in kiosks or offer online check-ins. Make room service contactless. Offer curbside pickup as well.
● Make your safety protocols known and visible to all guests and diners. Post signage right at the entryways.
Golden West Betterway is Here to Help!
We are in this together! Golden West Betterway wishes you and yours a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season. For more information on our top-notch mat, mop, towel, linen, uniform service, and more, contact us today at (800) 953-9292.